What is Remote Desktop? What are the benefits for me?
• A quick and easy way to logon to the network via the internet on any PC, Laptop, Mac and several mobile devices.
• Provides full access to files, shares, emails, calendars and programs (SIMS).
It is the same as being logged onto any PC in your school.
Is it secure?
• Yes. All data is encrypted, just like online banking.
• Your password is crucial to security. Do not share, or make it easy to guess.
• Users should also ensure they log off when not using the system.
Can students use this system?
• Yes. The procedure is exactly the same.
What do I need to use it?
• Any school laptop, or any Windows based laptop or computer. It also works on Apple Mac’s, iPads, iPhones, Android Tablets/Phones, Windows Tablets/Phones and Linux
• A reliable internet connection. The speed of your home connection will affect the speed you can connect at. The system will work over 3G/4G but obviously speed will vary dependent on signal.
What do I do if it is not working?
Check the status page, to see if there is a known issue. If not, please log a ticket.
How to logon to Remote Desktop from a Windows PC:
First use, or use on a new device:
• Access your school's secure website (list is below) and login with network credentials.
St Augustine's High: https://secure.st-augustines.worcs.sch.uk
St Bede's Middle - https://secure.st-bedes.worcs.sch.uk
Mount Carmel First: https://secure.mountcarmel.worcs.sch.uk
St Thomas More First: https://secure.st-thomasmore.worcs.sch.uk
St Peter's First: https://secure.st-petersrc.worcs.sch.uk
RSA Church Hill Middle: https://secure.churchhill.worcs.sch.uk
RSA Abbeywood First: https://secure.abbeywood.worcs.sch.uk
Walkwood Church of England Middle School: https://secure.walkwoodms.worcs.sch.uk
Alvechurch Middle School: https://secure.alvechurch.worcs.sch.uk
Birchensale Middle School: https://secure.birchensale.worcs.sch.uk
Parkside Middle School: https://secure.parkside.worcs.sch.uk
Crown Meadow: https://secure.crownmeadow.worcs.sch.uk
• Click on Remote Desktop yellow icon:
• A file will be downloaded – This file needs to be saved somewhere you will be able to access it in the future.
• Double click the downloaded file (e.g. stbremote.rdp, wmsremote.rdp, amsremote.rdp)
• Enter your network credentials - Do NOT click remember my credentials. Press OK
Subsequent use: once the file has been download, double click it to reconnect in the future