Creating activation letters
- Within your ParentPay manager account, navigate to Communication > Create letter
- Select the Message/Template type drop-down menu to view all the letter templates
- Select the activation letter template to use:
- Activation Letter No Dinner Money – Letter refers to trips and music lessons only.
- Activation Letter Dinner Money – Letter refers to school meals only.
- Activation Letter All Services – Letter refers to school meals, trips, and music lessons.
- Activation Letter Dinner Money PayPoint – Letter refers to school meals only, and contains a PayPoint barcode for payment.
- Consumer Repeater Activation Letter – Used to send log in details to secondary payer account (additional parent).
- Staff Activation Letter – Used to send log in details for staff payer accounts (not manager accounts).
- Select the template that best suits your requirements
NOTE: It is not recommended to send out activation letters containing a PayPoint barcode in the first instance. Having a PayPoint letter may discourage payers from activating their ParentPay accounts. If payers do not activate their account, they cannot provide verified email addresses and mobile numbers used for communication.
- Select the template title to enter the template set up screen
- If required, edit the message run name in the Type This will be used once the letter has been created to easily identify it should it be used again
7. Ensure the Use for print check box is the only one selected
8. The letter template will be displayed below the check box. Select Edit to make changes to the template
9. If required, copy and paste any of the field codes listed on the right side of the window to pull in details of individuals such as name or class. Field codes can also be used to add headers, signatures, or logos onto emails or printed letters. A list of the field codes and an explanation of their use can be found in the guidance document Communication centre field codes.
- Once the changes have been made, select Save
WARNING: Selecting Save will not save a copy of the message run. Leaving the Communication centre at this point will lose all progress of the message.
- Select Continue
- Set the Priority to Normal
- Set Send to as Primary payer only: one message/child. This will ensure that each child is issued a letter containing their unique activation codes
14. Select Continue
NOTE: The new page will show a yellow warning message at the top regarding snow closure messages. This is for information only.
- At the bottom of the page in Add recipients, select the required group or individual pupil/staff member from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add to add the recipient to the email run.
17. If a class, year group, or all pupils have been added to the message run, but individual pupils, or certain groups are not to be included, select the individual/group from the drop-down menu, and select Exclude. This will remove them from the assignment to the letter.
18. Details of who has been added and who has been excluded will be displayed in Recipient groups
19. The Number of recipients will be displayed in the grey box at the top of the page
20. To review the details of individual pupils/staff that the letter will be sent to, select Show recipients at the bottom of the page
21. Select Continue
22. Review the information for the message run, and select Confirm send
NOTE: Selecting Confirm send for a printed letter will not automatically print the letters. It will allow you to review the letters in a PDF format before choosing whether to print them.
- The message summary will be displayed
24. Select Open pdfs to view the letters. You can then choose to print them