If you own another email address, you can send email from that address. For example:
- Yahoo, Outlook or other non-Gmail address
- Your work, school/university or business domain or alias, such as @yourschool.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Another Gmail address
Tip: You can send emails from up to 99 different email addresses.
Step 1: Add an address that you own
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Click the Accounts and import or Accounts tab.
- In the 'Send email as' section, click Add another email address.
- Enter your name and the address that you want to send from.
- Click Next Step Send verification.
- For school or work accounts, enter the SMTP server (for example, smtp.gmail.com or smtp.yourschool.edu) and the username and password on that account.
- Click Add account.
Step 2: Confirm the address
- Sign in to the account that you added.
- Open the confirmation message that you received from Gmail.
- Click the link.
Step 3: Change the 'From' address
- In the message, click the 'From' line.
(If you can't see this, click on the space next to the recipient's email.)
- Select the address to send from.