School Workforce Census Bulletin 2020
Created by: Matthew Setchell
Modified on: Wed, 14 Oct, 2020 at 5:17 PM
School Workforce Census Date: 5th November 2020
Latest Fileset: 1605
Latest Census Information
Validation query 4100Q
It has reported to us that query 4100 is incorrectly generating for non teaching staff.
We currently have this logged with Capita and will update this post once we have more information.
Main changes compared to SWC 2019
All date spans shown below are inclusive.
Changes to staff categories are generally more important than they may appear, as they are very important when the application has to decide what data, if any, to supply to the DfE for a particular member of the school’s workforce. In the case where the change is to report a non-teaching members of a school’s leadership team the should have a SWC Post of LNT (Leadership Non-Teacher) rather than as part of SWC Post OSP (Other Support Staff).
The diagram below gives a top-level view of the change and shows that, although it has less impact on the overall strategy for collection of workforce data than other changes might have, it does have some important impacts.
Example of the possible use of LNT for a Service Term
Posts panel of Tools | Staff | Pay Related
Example of the possible use of LNT (Leadership – Non Teacher) for a staff contract
In this example ‘Leadership – Not Teacher’ has been allocated to the contract by the selection of ‘NJC, APT & C Staff’ as the Service Term and the selection of ‘School Manager’ as the Post Reference for that Service Term.
Contract record for Employment Details tag of Focus | Person | Staff
Differences in data required for Leadership Non-Teacher compared to Other Contracted Support Staff
- required for Leadership Non-Teacher but is no longer to be to included for Other Contracted Support Staff
- Additional Payment Amount required for Leadership Non-Teacher but is no longer to be to included for Other Contracted Support Staff
- Qualification code required for Leadership Non-Teacher but no longer has to be included for Other Contracted Support Staff
- Qualification subject code required for Leadership Non-Teacher but no longer has to be included for Other Contracted Support Staff
‘Leadership Non-Teachers’ has been added to the report criteria for all the detail reports.
The Workforce Membership Staff Basic detail report, shown below, illustrates the revisions made to the report criteria of all the detail reports.
Data to be removed by the DfE
Please note that in order to reduce burdens on schools at this difficult time, the DfE will be removing the following data from the return file on upload to COLLECT.
- The absence module
- The qualifications module
- The third party support staff module
- The ‘vacancy subject’ and ‘vacancy tenure’ fields
- The ‘date of last pay review’ field
The DfE will be modifying it’s school validation and summary report to exclude any reference to this data.
- DfE School Workforce Guide
- Preparing the School Workforce Census – Awaiting new documentation
- Producing the School Workforce Census – Awaiting new documentation
- Validation & Errors Resolutions – Awaiting new documentation
- Notepad entries for COLLECT queries – Awaiting new documentation
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.