This is caused by update KB:5000802 and will blue screen after attempting to print. There is a temporary quick fix which will revert after turning the computer off, and a permanent solution, however this will require the use of an administrator account.
- Remotely connect into the users computer then you need to open Command Prompt
- Type the following command: wusa /uninstall /kb:5000802
- Follow the instructions on screen and press the prompted responses, after this the user will need to restart the computer and then printing should work fine for them.
- Remotely connect to the computer that is already logged into administrator account or remote in and log in as an administrator account.
- Open file explorer and try and find the "progs$" folder on the server (this will either be in the storage or admin areas.
- Go to the folder BSOD 5000802 find and open the fix for the appropriate version of windows (either 2004 or 20H2)
- Run this fix, this could take up to 15 minutes and involves the user clicking on the prompted responses.
- After the update the user will need to restart the computer.