This help desk article was created with Webheath Academy in mind, however, this is also available to use in other schools providing the TV you are connecting to has Miracast functionality, this must be checked before trying the below. Please be aware, that the exact guide below is built for the SHARP Aquos at Webheath Academy Primary School and as such the guide below may not represent your model TV, if this is the case please either refer to the manual for your monitor or contact your support team.
WEBHEATH STAFF ONLY:
Please be aware that when attempting to link an apple device to the TV you must use the remote, press the source button (Button with a square and an arrow going into it), and then select one of the HDMI's, the Apple TV must be brought online first using the remote (hold down the menu button until you see a white light appear on the front of the Apple TV). To connect a Windows 10 or newer device then please follow the instructions below.
- Power up the TV
- Press Menu on the TV remote, and then scroll over to media
- On the Media menu select MiraCast and you will be greeted with a screen saying "Ready for connection...", make sure you leave this screen up, and you have read the Adapter Name and Adapter ID. In this case the adapter name is SHARP_UHD_TV (1434) and the Adapter ID: 1434
- On your windows laptop, click on the up arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, and then right click on the Bluetooth icon (Blue icon, with a white angular B logo) and select "Show Bluetooth devices". If this icon isn't on the up arrow menu then check on the task bar at the bottom of the screen for the same icon, if it still isn't there then follow the instructions below
- If you can't find the Bluetooth icon then click on Start and open Settings (Little cog icon in the left hand side of the start menu).
- In settings, go to devices, and then Bluetooth on the left hand side.
- When you are in the Bluetooth menu click on "Add Bluetooth or other device", then select Wireless Display or Dock
- You should see the Adapter name of the TV, in my case: SHARP_UHD_TV (1434), click this and it should try to connect to the TV. If there are any issues, or you can't connect to the TV then, turn off and turn back on the TV, disconnect from the TV and cancel the bluetooth scan and try the process again.