- Right click on a YouTube video and select "Copy Video URL"
- Open VLC Media Player, and then click on Media and select "Open Network Stream"
- When the video has started playing, pause it and go to Tools, Codec Information
- In Codec information, copy everything in the "Location" box at the bottom, if you can't see this find a "Source" box instead.
- Copy this and paste it into a new webpage tab.
- Press enter, and then on the video click on the three dots icon, and Download the video. You will need to rename it afterwards as it downloads with a standard name every time.
How to download a YouTube Video Print
Modified on: Fri, 6 May, 2022 at 11:44 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.